- BioRad has a page of information about flow basics ( https://www.bio-rad-antibodies.com/introduction-to-flow-cytometry.html) and then a page of more advanced topics (https://www.bio-rad-antibodies.com/flow-cytometry-explained.html)–check it out!
- ThermoFisher has a library of videos on different topics, I’ve listed a bunch of flow-related ones at the bottom of this page. Their webpage on introductory flow cytometry material is here:
- Online tutorial and quiz on Compensation from Dr. Mario Roederer
- BD Biosciences has online courses linked here:
https://www.bdbiosciences.com/en-us/learn/training/self-paced-courses#e-learning-courses or from http://www.bdbiosciences.com click on “Discover and learn” then mouse over “Training” and then click “Self paced courses”, and on the E-learning courses tab scroll down to “Introduction to flow cytometry” to find the video links.
- Chromocyte provides access to training materials as well as panel design tools, antibody sources, and a job page.
- Abcam Intro to Flow and other resources.
- Intracellular Staining (ICS) information from BD.
- Annual Research Course in Flow Cytometry – This course is taught by leaders in the field who have many years of hands-on teaching experience. In contrast to other flow courses, this one includes in-depth coverage of the underlying principles of flow (optics, engineering, detection, data acquisition/analysis, probe technology), as well as teaching the entire spectrum of applications in medicine and biology. The cornerstone of this course is a large set of hands-on laboratories that provide comprehensive coverage of the field, while allowing students to design their learning experience according to their individual interests and needs. Updates this year include new lectures and labs on microfluidic analysis/sorting, flow cytometry of extracellular vesicles, bead-based assays and analysis/sorting of large particles. Our approach facilitates intimate, small group interactions with instructors and fellow students interested in the subject, and so encourages networking and long term friendships. The laboratories use a wide range of flow cytometers and sorters, from the instrument the participants construct in the “Build It” lab to the most up-to-date commercial instruments from many of the leading vendors. Evening sessions include a vendors’ night during which participants can get hands-on experience with all of the instruments, an informal session on cutting-edge instrument development, and a Keynote lecture by Dr. David Basiji, a pioneer in the field of imaging flow cytometry, followed by a banquet and live entertainment at El Pinto restaurant. For more information, testimonials and to register, visit our website.
- ExCyte is a concierge service for flow cytometry professionals. We bring the entire field of flow cytometry to your doorstep. Whether you are a core manager looking to keep your users on the cutting edge, or a business professional looking to enter into this rapidly growing market, ExCyte can help. We have the information and experience you need.
- Flocyte Training Institute – Designed to bring training to your location! expert cytometrists as instructors, Experienced on all flow cytometry instrumentation, analysis platforms and in all types of flow applications! We bring state of the art training to YOUR location. Our training is designed to help you and your flow users get the MOST out of this amazing technology.
- International Society for Advancement of Cytometry (ISAC)–Select “Educational resources” from the menu on the left and then click on “Presentations” to find a vast resource of presentations from other groups. The “Tutorials from CYTO 2010” has many great presentations as well.
- FlowMetric has created a library of white papers, blog posts, videos and infographics that are specific to the techniques used in Flow Cytometry:
- Practical Flow Cytometry, 4th Edition
download the PDF here:
- Cytometry: First Principals. Alice Given
- In Living Color: Protocols in Flow Cytometry and Cell Sorting. Diamond and DeMaggio
- Flow Cytometry-a Basic Introduction. Michael Ormerod. Available free online courtesy of DeNovo Software: http://flowbook.denovosoftware.com/
- Current Protocols in Cytometry. Wiley and sons, publisher.
Thermofisher microscopy and flow videos:
Tutorials (under 20 min each):
Intro to Fluorescence: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGFlr1jFNBM
Anatomy of Fluorescence spectra: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVxpaUfTuXI
Introduction to Flow Cytometry: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfWWxFBltpQ
Filters and light sources: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJGmARfBasU
Analyzing Flow data: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccR5snuCE80
Webinars (under 1 hour each):
Basics of Flow Cytometry I: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9-mojIXU_I (56 min)
Basics II: Compensation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uV6rkOs8H50 (49 min)
Panel Design: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=to4u_px64t8 (57 min)
Choosing fluorochromes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUzBigZS54c
Suggestions for additional links can be submitted as comments.
Last update 12/15/2022